April 07, 2023
Information Collected From or About You
What kinds of information does tapmad collect from or about me and my activities?
Generally speaking, we may collect the following information from or about you and your activities when you use the tapmad Services:
Information you give us, including your name, email address, birth date, gender, and -if you subscribe to tapmad - your credit / debit card information and / or other account payment information;
Information automatically collected when you use the tapmad Services, such as your location, your activity on the tapmad Services, and information collected via cookies, web beacons, or other technologies;
Information from other commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases, or our business partners, which may include your interests, purchasing behavior and your activities online, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed; and
If you connect your social networking account with your tapmad account, information from your social networking account as described below.
Are there other parties collecting information from or about me that I should be aware of while using the tapmad Services?
- Service Providers Companies that provide services to us and our business partners - including companies that assist with payment processing, website, user, and business analytics, data processing, account management, advertising, and other services - may collect information from or about you. However, our agreements with these service providers limit the types of information these companies collect, how they may collect it, and how they may use it.
- Social Networking Services. You can use the tapmad Services with social networking services, such as Facebook and connect your tapmad account with your social networking account. When you choose to share information about your activities on the tapmad Services with social networking services, tapmad may send information about you to these services, including information about your use of the tapmad Services. Social networking services also may collect certain technical information about you, such as the IP address of the device you are using to access the tapmad Services and the URL of the page you are viewing.
How We Use This Information
How does tapmad use information it collects from or about me?
- Payment Information. We only use payment information, such as credit / debit card numbers, as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (for example, processing payments from our tapmad Plus subscribers) and to prevent abuse of the tapmad Services.
- Promotional Communications. We may use your information to::
- Provide you with promotional information about tapmad's features, services, and other offerings that may be of interest to you; or
- Provide information or offers to you that are related to the tapmad Services on behalf of tapmad's business partners.
- Recommendations and Advertising. We and service providers acting on behalf of us and our business partners may use the information collected from or about you, including your use of tapmad Services, to provide recommendations and advertisements on the tapmad Services and elsewhere on the web.
How We Share This Information
With whom does tapmad share the information it collects from or about me?
Other tapmad Users. The tapmad Services include social features that let you interact with other people who use them. Information that you voluntarily make public on the tapmad Services will be shared with other tapmad users. For example, if your tapmad username includes your real name, when you post a comment, it will be associated with your real name. You can control the sharing of certain information contained in your tapmad profile or about your activities on the tapmad Services with others on the Privacy and Settings page.
Business Partners. We may share the information collected from or about you with our business partners, including advertisers and other companies that are not affiliated with tapmad, in aggregated or non-personally identifiable forms. Otherwise, except when such business partners are acting on our behalf or when you have provided your information as part of a co-branded promotion, we will obtain your consent before we share your contact information with them so that they may send you promotional information about their products and services directly.
Social Networking Services. You can use the tapmad Services on other social networking services such as Facebook, and connect your tapmad account with your social networking account. When you choose to share information about your activities on the tapmad Services with social networking services, tapmad may send information about you to these services, including information about your use of the tapmad Services.
Service Providers. We may also share the information collected from or about you with service providers that provide services to us and our business partners. For example, we may share your information with other people or entities in order to provide goods or services that you have requested or to complete a transaction at your request. We may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess the technology that allows us to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive while using the tapmad Services. Your information, including clickstream data about your use of the tapmad Services and other online activities, may be shared with these companies so this customization can be accomplished. However, our agreements with these service providers limit the types of information shared with these companies and how they may use it.
Other Parties In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Does tapmad share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information?
Do I have choices about the use and sharing of the information collected from or about me?
Currently we are not offering any opt-out, or privacy services settings. We are currently in the process of developing these setting options and will make you aware of these when they come online. We aim to provide the following services to control privacy;
- Other tapmad Users. tapmad's Privacy and Settings page gives you the option to control how certain information in your profile (other than your first and last name) and your activities are shared when you use the tapmad Services. You can change your privacy settings at any time on the Privacy and Settings page.
- Social Networking Services. When you choose to connect your tapmad account with a social networking account such as Facebook, you may choose to share your information and activities with other users of that particular social network. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the policies and privacy controls of these social networking services.
- tapmad Uses of Your Information to Send You Promotional Materials. By visiting the Privacy and Settings page, you may opt out of receiving alerts or email updates from tapmad promoting our site or the products or.
- tapmad Uses of Information Collected From or About You from Websites You Visit Other than tapmad.com. tapmad may store information about websites you visit in browser cookies on your computer
- tapmad Audience Measurement. Our business partners such as content owners, including advertisers, seek to measure the performance of their content across many platforms, including the tapmad Services. Accordingly, tapmad may permit the use of proprietary measurement software that would enable third parties such as Nielsen to include your viewing on the tapmad Services in calculating measurement statistics such as TV Ratings
Security, Kids, and Other Information
How does tapmad protect the information it collects from or about me?
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. For example, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We also take steps to ensure that only those tapmad employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to your information are granted access.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit / debit card or account information on our order forms), we encrypt that information using secure sockets layer technology (SSL), an industry standard protocol for billing transmission in order to help protect the financial information you send us.
Despite these efforts, please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the tapmad Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Does tapmad collect information from children under the age of 13?
tapmad prohibits registration or subscription by, and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Do any special considerations apply to visitors from outside Pakistan?
Please be aware that information we collect through the Platform may be transferred to and processed in Pakistan, where the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. By using the Platform or providing us with any information, you acknowledge and consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information in Pakistan, or such other countries as Starbazaar may choose in its sole discretion.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
What technologies are used to understand how people use the tapmad Services?
We, along with advertising technology companies and service providers that provide services to us and our business partners (‘Service Providers'), use a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the tapmad Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
Cookies. Cookies are small bits of information that are stored in separate files within your computer's Internet browser. Cookies store information about your activities on a website or other platform. For example, cookies can store your session information for easy sign-in to a website or other platform you have previously visited. They enable us to make your use of the tapmad Services more enjoyable.
We, along with the Service Providers, may display targeted advertisements based on your activities and other information collected from or about you, such as your interests and your activities online. Cookies are one way that this kind of information is stored.
Some advertisements displayed in connection with the tapmad Services may also access or place cookies on your Internet browser or use other technologies provided by third-party Internet advertisers, advertising technology companies, and service providers that perform advertising-related services. For more information on this topic, please see our discussion of Third-Party Advertising on tapmad.
Other local storage. We, along with the Service Providers, use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as "Flash cookies") and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the tapmad Services, including the video player. Sometimes called "browser cookies," these technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computers and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences, such as your volume/mute settings. However, these objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. Please note that disabling these technologies may interfere with the performance and features of the video player.
Web beacons. We, along with the Service Providers, may also use technologies that communicate information from your Internet browser or the tapmad video player to a web server, including so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags"). Pixel Tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, can allow a web server to read certain types of information from your browser, check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Pixel Tag, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Pixel Tag was viewed. Pixel Tags are used to improve your tapmad experience, including to provide you with content, including advertisements, customized to your interests.
How does tapmad work with social networks such as Facebook?
tapmad and Social Networking. If you choose to link your tapmad account with a social networking service, tapmad and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. You may choose to share information about your activities, including what you watch on tapmad, with that social network's users.
Connecting with Facebook While Using the tapmad Services. Facebook and tapmad have developed a process that allows you to connect your tapmad account with your Facebook account. When you connect your accounts, you authorize tapmad and Facebook to share certain information about you with each other. When you connect your accounts, tapmad will automatically access the list of all your Facebook friends and import them to tapmad. In addition, if you visit tapmad while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify you and to associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you.
Sharing on Facebook. If you connect your tapmad and Facebook accounts, you may choose to share information about your activities on the tapmad Services with Facebook and its users, including publishing your watch activity to Facebook. When you choose to share information about your activities on the tapmad Services with Facebook, tapmad may send information about you to Facebook, including information about your use of the tapmad Services. Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law, the Facebook Data Use Policy, and your Facebook privacy settings. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with Facebook's Data Use Policy and privacy controls.
Third-Party Advertising on tapmad
How does third-party advertising on tapmad impact me?
tapmad carries advertisements from other companies, often with the ability to click through to websites or properties run by these other companies.
Information Shared with Advertisers and Advertising-Related Service Providers. tapmad may share the information collected from or about you in aggregated or non-personally identifiable forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the tapmad Services, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online. However, our agreements with these advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services limit the types of information shared with these companies and how they may use it.