Access and use of the PITV services
The tapmad Services are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to register with tapmad or provide your personal information to tapmad. If you are at least 13 and under 18 years of age, you may register with tapmad only if you have the consent of your parent or guardian.
tapmad is pleased to grant you a non-exclusive limited license to use the tapmad Services on the Properties, including accessing and viewing the Content on a streaming-only basis through the Video Player, for personal, non-commercial purposes as set forth in these Terms.
You may only access and view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms.
You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by tapmad in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or retransmit the Content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by tapmad in writing.
Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Content unless authorized by tapmad. You may not build a business utilizing the Content, whether or not for profit. The Content covered by these restrictions includes without limitation any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the Content, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by tapmad in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
The Video Player
You may not modify, enhance, remove, interfere with, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the Video Player, its underlying technology, any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure incorporated into the Video Player. This restriction includes, without limitation, disabling, reverse engineering, modifying, interfering with or otherwise circumventing the Video Player in any manner that enables users to view the Content without:
- displaying visibly both the Video Player and all surrounding elements (including the graphical user interface, any advertising, copyright notices, and trademarks) of the webpage where the Video Player is located;
- having full access to all functionality of the Video Player, including, without limitation, all video quality and display functionality and all interactive, elective, or click-through advertising functionality. Embedding a Video Using the Video Player. Where tapmad has incorporated an embed option in connection with Content on the tapmad Services, you may embed videos using the Video Player, provided you do not embed the Video Player on any website or other location that:
- contains or hosts content that is unlawful, infringing, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages criminal conduct, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, rule, or regulation, infringes any right of any third party including intellectual property rights, or is otherwise inappropriate or objectionable to tapmad (in tapmad’s sole discretion),
- links to infringing or unauthorized content (collectively, "Unsuitable Material"). You may not embed the Video Player into any hardware or software application, even for non-commercial purposes. tapmad reserves the right to prevent embedding to any website or other location that tapmad finds inappropriate or objectionable (as determined by tapmad in its sole discretion).
You agree that tapmad owns and retains all rights to the tapmad Services. You further agree that the Content you access and view as part of the tapmad Services is owned or controlled by tapmad and tapmad’s licensors. The tapmad Services and the Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws
In order for us to keep the tapmad Services safe and available for everyone to use, we all have to follow the same rules of the road. You and other users must use the tapmad Services for lawful, non-commercial, and appropriate purposes only. Your commitment to this principle is critical. You agree to observe the tapmad Services, Content, Video Player and embedding restrictions detailed above, and further agree that you will not access the tapmad Site or use the tapmad Services in a way that:
- uses technology or other means to access, index, frame or link to the tapmad Services (including the Content) that is not authorized by tapmad (including by removing, disabling, bypassing, or circumventing any content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of the tapmad Services);
- involves accessing the tapmad Services (including the Content)through any automated means, including "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers" (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices - but not caches or archives - of the tapmad Services and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
- introduces viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- damages, disables, overburdens, impairs, or gains unauthorized access to the PiTV Services, including tapmad’s servers, computer network, or user accounts; removes, modifies, disables, blocks, obscures or otherwise impairs any advertising in connection with the tapmad Services (including the Content);
- uses the PiTV Services to advertise or promote services that are not expressly approved in advance in writing by tapmad;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- violates these Terms or any guidelines or policies posted by tapmad;
- interferes with any other party's use and enjoyment of the tapmad Services;
- attempts to do any of the foregoing.
If tapmad determines, in its sole discretion, that you are violating any of these Terms, we may
- notify you
- use technical measures to block or restrict your access or use of the tapmad Services.
In either case, you agree to immediately stop accessing or using in any way (or attempting to access or use) the tapmad Services, and you agree not to circumvent, avoid, or bypass such restrictions, or otherwise restore or attempt to restore such access or use
No Spam/Unsolicited Communications.
We know how annoying and upsetting it can be to receive unwanted email or instant messages from people you do not know. Therefore, no one may use the tapmad Services to harvest information about users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications. You understand that we may take any technical remedies to prevent spam or unsolicited bulk or other communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within our computer or communications networks. If you Post (as defined below in Section 7) or otherwise send spam, advertising, or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the tapmad Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to tapmad and that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to measure. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay tapmad $50 for each such unsolicited communication you send through the tapmad Services.
In order to participate in certain tapmad Services or access certain Content, you may be notified that it is necessary to download software or other materials or agree to additional terms and conditions. Unless otherwise provided by these additional terms and conditions, they are hereby incorporated into these Terms
We hope not to, but we may change, suspend, or discontinue - temporarily or permanently - some or all of the tapmad Services (including the Content and the devices through which the tapmad Services are accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. You acknowledge that tapmad may do so in tapmad’s sole discretion. You also agree that tapmad will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the tapmad Services, although if you are a tapmad subscriber and tapmad suspends or discontinues the TV service. tapmad may, in its sole discretion, provide you with a credit, refund, discount or other form of consideration (for example, we may credit additional days of service to your account) in accordance with Section 4 below. However, if tapmad terminates your account or suspends or discontinues your access to tapmad Services due to your violation of these Terms, then you will not be eligible for any such credit, refund, discount or other consideration
Internet Access Charges
You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
If we can be of help to you, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department by visiting our customer service web page at tapmad.com/support/contact. It would be our pleasure to serve you